Monday, July 23, 2012

They're Here!!!

Welcome Chloe & Carlee!

July 21, 2012

Chloe Lynn - 3 pounds 1 ounce

3:08 p.m.

Carlee Rae - 2 pounds 8 ounces

3:09 p.m.


  Well, needless to say Saturday was a very eventful day! It all started Friday around 1:30 pm. I went for my daily wheelchair ride for fresh air, when I got back to my room, the nurse informed me there was a decel from Baby B... she made a note about it and the girls stayed on the monitor for the next few hours without incident.

  Around 10 pm I noticed Baby B was having another decel - heart rate in the 60s - I told my night nurse it was NOT me and I was kinda freaked out. Of course, Baby B recovered well and was on track until 4:20 am with, yet another decel. This time my OB was called and was at my room with the ultrasound machine within 15 minutes. He was concerned and consulted with the Peri-doc (high risk) who also came in and looked at the babies with the ultrasound machine. As he looked at the cords, he noticed the blood flow was flowing good TO Baby B, but not FROM. At this point he said "Ok... since you just ate breakfast, we'll deliver around 2 pm TODAY!"

  Nurses and Doctors in and out of my room for the next 5 hours, needles, information, phone calls, MORE people in and out, More needles... so much was happening.

  Finally, 2:45 pm I was wheeled into the OR with my husband in tow with is cute blue scrubs on and ready to go.


  AND THEN... Baby A, Chloe, was delivered at 3:08pm and Baby B, Carlee, was delivered at 3:09pm.  Chloe came out crying and announcing her presence. Carlee was crying also, but not as loud.

  Both girls have been and will be in the NICU for a few weeks. But we are looking forward to them coming home and enlightening our lives.



 

 

 

 


  And here is the cord picture... we are all amazed they made it to 30 weeks without any mishaps...


1 comment:

  1. so proud of you momma....i know it was very surreal for you two. Enjoy the babies and remember that as each day goes by they will be NICU graduates in no time

    ReplyDelete